Friday, November 6, 2009

Ryobi RY30 String Trimmer Review

I paid $ 99 for a Home RY30530 Ryobi lawn trimmer at depot. The main reason why I picked it up was that I did not want a wimpy electric model and the top of the line trimmer was more than I wanted to pay.

There were 5 or 6 parts to assemble, but it was easy and I did not need to use the instruction book. It started easily and it worked well for about five minutes when the "head quit encounter" work. I took it apart and the tangle of string would not be easyfix. Fortunately, the trimmer is fixed trim came with a free header. I have the up and back in business for a few minutes later was. The string is very easy to insert in the fixed-head. If you get this trimmer, do yourself a favor and put her head'll run right into the trash and install the fixed head.

I chose the curved shaft model and the wave was a little too short for me. The 30 cc 2-cycle engine is certainly powerful enough for home use. It has always beenbegan easy for me. The engine is louder than my predecessor, and it hurt my ears at full blast. The power and noise of these trimmers makes ear and eye protection is essential. I ignored safety precautions with less powerful trimmer, but I do not want this machine. The plastic, where the shaft meets the engine is very hot and gave me his arm a slight burn. The directions do not say that cause when starting the engine to squeeze, but that the only way I could start it iswhen it is hot. This is not a problem if you know the trick.

There is an option to facilities such as a blower, edger add, and breeders, but I have not tried these.

Overall, the Ryobi is RY30530 is a fair value for the money. I will take care not to burn my arm on the engine mounting point. I wish Robi would make the engine quieter and the shaft a few inches longer. I would probably be the straight shank, if I got another of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment